In this post I’d like to include links, videos, information and experiences about the installation of a Bare Metal Server in Softlayer with a different OS than the cloud provider offer in it portal.
Why?, because in some installations I need other functionalities than the typical distributions haven’t. For Example, a Firewall with VyOs o pfSense.
Firts Stage – Links with Information
In this paragraph I include links of information about No OS Baremetals, mount ISOs or IPMI on Softlayer.
Second Stage – Videos
Links to Eamonn Killian’s videos about “Load your Own OS”. Excellence work explain step-by-step all the process.
The first two videos are essentials to understand all the procedure. The next videos, interesting too, explain the installation of CoreOs operating system.
- SoftLayer – Tutorial Sixteen – Part 1 – Load your own OS
- SoftLayer – Tutorial Sixteen – Part 2 – Load your own OS
- SoftLayer – Tutorial Sixteen – Part 3A – Load your own OS
- SoftLayer – Tutorial Sixteen – Part 3B – Load your own OS
- SoftLayer – Tutorial Sixteen – Part 4 – Load your own OS
Third Stage – Other Information
Here I’ll include my experiences and miscellaneous of information.
- Using Image Templates – SoftLayer 101 (Video)
- Log In to IPMIView
- Mount an ISO with IPMIView
- Perform an OS Reload from an Image Template
- OS Reloads